Driving License (DL) – How to Apply / Register / Get DL Online or Offline in Delhi
All of us know very well versed with that how important a Driving License (DL) is. As in absence of driving license a person can’t drive motor vehicle in any public place and some time people know drive but fear to drive in lack of DL. If you are one of those who are looking for how and where to apply for new Driving License then this page is perfect for you because here I am going to share detail information step by step about how you can get new driving license online or offline. Before I do proceed just want to clear if you are below 18 then it is worthless for you to read this post as minimum age to apply for Driving License is 18 years however For vehicles upto 50CC engine capacity & without gear – applicant age 16 years is acceptable.
Either you are applying for Light Motor Vehicle (LMV) or Heavy Motor Vehicle (HMV) driving license first you have to register for “Learner License” after that you can apply for “Permanent License”.
Before I do proceed with how to apply for new driving license online or offline would like to inform you please carry following document with you for learner license as well as for permanent license and see the eligibility criteria for Driving License for both Learner and permanent.
Eligibility Criteria & List of Documents for Learner License
- Form No. 1, 2, 3
- Three 3 copies of applicant recent passport size photograph
- Proof of residence
- Proof of Age
- Proof of citizenship
- In the case of an application for transport vehicle, the driving license held by the applicant.
Need 3 recent passport size photograph
Eligibility for Learner License
- Age eligibility: 18 years
- For vehicles upto 50CC engine capacity & without gear — 16 years(Provided parents/guardian consent obtained.)
- For commercial vehicle — 20 years & minimum qualification of 8thpass.
- Conversant with Traffic rules & regulations
- Documents for residence
List of Documents Required For Learning License
Residence proof- attested copy of any of the following
- Voter Identity Card
- Life Insurance Policy
- Pay slip issued any office of the central government or a state government or local body.
The following documents are also accepted along with an affidavit sworn before a notary public or any competent magistrate
- Water Bill – Delhi Jal Board
- Electricity Bill
- Telephone Bill (MTNL only)
- Pay slip accompanied by a PF Receipt (In case of private sector employees)
- Property Ownership like, Registry, Power of Attorney etc.
- Post office or bank Passbook indicating residential address
- House tax receipt
- Certificate from employer in case of Government Servant.
- Ration Card
- Marriage certificate issued by District Administration
- Income Tax Returns
- Residence Certificate issued by District Administration
Documents valid for proof of age
- School certificate
- Pass port
- Birth Certificate
- Certificate issued by a registered medical practitioner not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon, as to the age of the applicant
- Affidavit sworn by the applicant before an Executive Magistrate and or a First Class Magistrate as a evidence of age.
- PAN Card
- CGHS Card
Documents valid for proof of citizenship
- Proof of Birth in India from municipality or registrar of birth & death.
- School Leaving Certificate/Secondary School Certificate Showing Nationality/Place of birth
- Passport Showing place of birth/citizenship/nationality
- Certificate of citizenship/nationality issued by magistrate or any other administrative officer
- Residency permit/domicile certificate issued by state government.
- Grant of patta/lease of property by the central/state government.
- Refugee Registration card pertaining for the period of 1947-1950
- Certificate of SC/ST/OBC.
Form for Learner License
You can get the form from through the authority itself or can download it online from here Form 1, Form 2, Form 3.
Fill the form accordingly and submit it to nearest local Transport Zonal Office with the prescribed fees and the above mentioned documents the prescribed fee format is mentioned below.
Prescribed fee for learner license?
|Rs.30/-||for one category.|
|Rs.60/-||for two categories.|
|Rs.90/-||for three categories.|
How to Get or Apply for Learner License Offline in Delhi
If you are ready with the above mentioned documents and your recent passport size photograph and dully filled form 1,2,3 then it is the time to visit nearest local transport zonal office and submit to learner license fee as mentioned above.
They will verified your documents after that you have to give a Learner Test in which you will be ask 10 multiple objective type questions and time duration will be 10 minutes, the question will be related to Road signs, traffic rules and regulations etc. to qualify for the test you have to get minimum 6 marks you can prepare yourself via purchasing book of this test which is sold by some people out of Transport Zonal Office in just Rs. 10 or Rs.20 if you don’t want to spent money can get complete list of question and answer here “Driving License Test Question & Answers”.
Now the question is if you qualify when you will receive your learner license the answer is you will get the learner license within 2-3 hours after qualifying the test. In case you fail to qualify the learner license test don’t be panic you can apply once again with the same document again after a gap of 7 or 8 days.
How to Get or Apply Permanent License?
If you are one of those who got learner license now it’s time to apply for permanent license the detail information is shared below.
Eligibility Criteria & List of Documents for Permanent License
- One recent passport size photograph
- Proof of citizenship (Already mentioned above)
- A Vehicle for test
- You need to bring your all original documents as well along with photocopies for verification.
Eligibility to Get Permanent License
- A valid Learner’s License
- Must apply after 30 days and within 180 days from the date of issuance of learner license
How to Get Permanent Driving License Procedure Step by Step
- While you visit the nearest Local Transport Zonal office you have to fill “Form 4” along with original and photocopy of documents as mentioned above in the post.
- In learner license you have given test on computer now you have to give driving test so must carry your own vehicle for the test as an inspector of transport department will test your driving abilities.
- If everything is fine and you clear the driving test successfully, your finger impression and photographs will be taken along with required documents and application forms. Thereafter, you will be issued the driving license on the same day and you can use this driving license maximum 20 years and have to renew it after 20 years.
How to Get / Register / Apply for Driving License Online?
As I said you can apply for driving license online as well but have to give driving test, objective type question answer test on computer in Zonal office however online facility available to save your time via using the online facility for driving license you can save your time to stand up in queue to follow the book online appointment and payment you can visit the official site of Delhi Govt here: “Driving Licence Online Appointment System”.
If you don’t know which is your nearest Transport Zonal Office below is the list you can reach the nearest accordingly.
List of Transport Zonal Offices in Delhi
|District Code||Name of Zonal Office||Addresses & Phone Nos.||Area of Jurisdiction|
|DL-01||NORTH DISTRICT||TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT, MALL ROAD, 23819191, 23819192||Civil Lines, Pratap Bagh,Kotwali,Bela Road, Andha Mugal, Mori Gate, Majnu Ka Tila, Gulabi Bagh, Red Fort, Sant Nagar,Sarai Rohilla, Yamuna Bazar,Roop Nagar, Inder Lok, Lahori Gate, Maurice Nagar, Sadar Bazar,Church Mission,Shakti Nagar, Ahata Kedara, Town Hall, Subzi Mandi, Bara Hindu Rao, Nai Sarak,Tis Hazari, Kashmere Gate, Chandini Chowk, Sant Nagar, Burari.|
|DL-02||NEW DELHI DISTRICT||TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT, IP DEPOT, 23378877, 23378886||Tilak Marg, R.M.L.Hospital, Chanakya Puri, Parliament St.,Sucheta Kriplani Hospital Tughlaq Road, Boat Club, Mandi House, North Avenue Panchkuian Road, Bapa Nagar, South Avenue, Gole Market, Rabinder Nagar, Malcha Marg, Connaught Place, Kaka Nagar.|
|DL-03||SOUTH DISTRICT||TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT, DDA MATKET, SHEIKH SARAI, 29259800, 29253535||Hauz Khas, Amar Colony, C.R Park Malviya Nagar, Garhi,Ambedkar Nagar, Saket, Okhla, Madangir,Pushp Vihar, Sunlight Colony, Sainik Farm, Mehrauli , New Friends Colony, Kalkaji, Defence Colony, Nehru Place, Gulmohar Park, Sukhdev Vihar, Badarpur, AIIMS,Bharat Nagar, Sarita Vihar, Lodhi Colony, Hz.Nizammudin, Sangam Vihar Pragati Vihar, Jangpura, East Kidwai Nagar, Khan Pur, Sarai Kale Khan, Lajpat Nagar, Greater Kailash, Panchsheel.|
|DL-04||WEST DISTRICT-1||TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT, COMMUNITY CENTRE, B-BLOCK, GROUND FLOOR, JANAK PURI, 25551618, 25531002||Janakpuri, Vikaspuri, Keshopur, Tilak Nagar, Uttam Nagar, Mohan Garden, Nawada, Kakrola, Paschim Vihar, Meera Bagh, New Multan Nagar, Nangloi, Tikri Border, Nilothi, Nangloi Jat, Mundka, Baprola, Hari Nagar, Ashok Nagar, Prem Nagar, Subhash Nagar.|
|DL-05||NORTH EAST DISTRICT||TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT, LONI ROAD, NEAR POWER HOUSE, SHAHDARA, 22813475||Seelampur, Gamri, Nand Nagari, Gokalpuri, Shahdara, Ashok Nagar, Khazuri Khas, Welcome Colony, Sunder Nagar, Karawal Nagar, Mansarover Park, Harsh Vihar, Bhajanpura, Seemapuri, Yamuna Vihar, G.T.B. Nagar.|
|DL-06||CENTRAL DISTRICT||TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT, ISBT, SARAI KALE KHAN, 24351100||Daryaganj, Lalkuan, Prashad Nagar, Chandni Mahal, I.P. Estate, Rajender Nagar, Turkmangate, LNJP Hospital, Pusa Road, Jama Masjid, Pahar Ganj, Sita Ram Bazar, Kamla Market, DBG Road, Sangtrashan, Shahganj, Shidipura, NabiKarim, Hauz Qazi, Govt. Qr. Devnagar, Ballimaran, Karol Bagh|
|DL-07||EAST DISTRICT-1||TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT, DTC DEPOT, MAYUR VIHAR PH-1, 22753800||KalyanPuri, Laxmi Nagar, Preet Vihar, New Ashok Nagar, Patparganj, Shakarpur, Trilokpuri, Mayur Vihar ‐I&II , Karkardooma.|
|DL-08||NORTHWEST DISTRICT-1||TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT, DTC DEPOT, WAZIR PUR, 27182122, 27192122||Model Town, Jahangir Puri, Sangam Park, Adarsh Nagar, Vijay Nagar, , Keshav Puram, Ashok Vihar, Shalimar Bagh, Wazirpur, Saraswati Vihar, KingswayCamp, Pitampura, Mukherjee Nagar, Rani Bagh, Azadpur. Rampura, Tri Nagar, Gujrawalan|
|DL-09||SOUTHWEST DISTRICT-1||TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT, BUS TERMINAL, NEAR METRO STATION, SECTOR-10, DWARKA||Inderpuri, Naraina, Mayapuri, Najafgarh, Kapashera, Dabri, Zafarpur Kalan, Dwaraka.|
|DL-10||WEST DISTRICT-2||TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT, DTC DEPOT, RAJA GARDEN, 25163616||Anand Parbat, Moti Nagar, Patel Nagar, Punjabi Bagh, Kirti Nagar Rajouri Garden.|
|DL-11||NORTHWEST DISTRICT-2||TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT, DTC DEPOT, ROHINI, 27563535||Sultanpuri, Mangolpuri,Samaypur Badli, Prasant Vihar, Auchandi Border, Bawana, Alipur, Rohini, Kanjhavala, Narela, Kirari, Aman Vihar, Mubarakpur, Qutab Garh, Jonti, Mungeshpur, Mukandpur, Khera Kalan|
|DL-12||SOUTHWEST DISTRICT-2||TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT, DTC DEPOT, VASANT VIHAR, 26146498||Vasant Vihar, R.K.Puram, Sarojini Nagar, Vasant Kunj, Delhi Cantt. Dabri.|
|DL-13||EAST DISTRICT-2||TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT, CBD GROUND, SURAJMAL VIHAR, 22383900||Gazipur, Gandhi Nagar, Krishna Nagar, Anand Vihar, Old Seelampur, Mandawali, New Shahdara, Geeta Colony, Vivek Vihar, Jheel|
Hope you like it and find it fruitful if you still have any question in mind regarding this post or suggestion to add any point you let me know via your comments in below box.