Great news for all the Indians this morning. India creates the history today as on 24th of September 2014. India’s maiden Mars mission – Mangalyaan or MOM (Mars Orbiter Mission) is successfully injected into the Martian orbit today. After this successful mission of MOM ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) becomes the worlds 4th space agency and first space agency in the Asia.
India becomes the first country who successfully completed the mission mars orbit in first attempt. On this proud moment PM Modi was also in ISRO and congratulate to all Indian scientist. This mission was started on 5th of November 2013 PSLV-C25 Launched from Satish Dhawan Space Center, SHAR, Sriharikota in costal Andhra Pradesh. The spacecraft is scheduled to enter the red planet’s orbit on the 24th of September. The scheduled insertion will be conducted by the Spacecraft Control Centre at the agency’s Telemetry, Tracking and Command Network (ISTRAC) based in Peenya, Bengaluru with support from Indian Deep Space Network (IDSN) antennae at Byalalu.
Below is the highlight:
08:02 AM: Happy faces can be seen, scientists and mission control officers congratulate each other for the successful Insertion of Mangalyaan into the Martian Orbit
08:00 AM: The occultation of the Mangalyaan spacecraft is successfully over, Medium Gain Antenna has now faced Earth and confirmed!
07:59 AM: We are into the 27th Minute of the occultation of the Mangalyaan spacecraft, eagerly awaiting the Medium Gain Antenna to face Earth. When the spacecraft is in burn-on the Medium Gain Antenna is not facing the Earth
07:54 AM: Less than one minute left for the end of burn out
07:51 AM: Occultation is now behind us! Telemetry must have activated. Allow it another tense 12.5 minutes.
07:50 AM: We are into 21 minutes left for the confirmation of the complete of occultation of Mangalyaan
Tense moments at the ISRO Center
07:44 AM: The firing must have been completed by now and Mangalyaan must be turning towards Earth to resume communication, yes confirmation only after 6.25 minutes
07:36 AM: 14 minutes left to complete the eclipse of Mangalyaan
07:31 AM: All engines of the Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM) are going strong. Burn start has been confirmed
07:30 AM: The MOM has been eclipsed by the red planet Mars, the spacecraft is being now operated on the Lethium-ion battery
07:25 AM: The Mangalyaan Spacecraft is going after Mars! Fingrrs crossed, confirmation after 12.5 minutes
07:23 AM: Less than 5 minutes left for ignition of the LAM Engines
07:18 AM: Burn must have started. All engines must have started firing by now. confirmation will be after 12.5 minutes
07:14 AM: Mangalyaan is now in the shadow of Mars.
07:11 AM: Start of forward rotation is confirmed
07:08 AM: Forward Rotation must have begun, it is required to align the direction of firing for effective braking.
Do You Know?: The success rate of Mars Missions have been 46%
Do You Know?: It takes almost 12.5 minutes to complete one circle communication with Mangalyaan!
04:49 AM: Medium Gain Antenna takes over/ After the launch of Mangalyaan, the orbit insertion will be the fourth stage of the mission after six Orbit raising manoeuvres, trans-Mars injection and three Trajectory corrections.
[These highlights taken from the Deccan Chronicle]
What PM Modi says in ISRO to the Scientist about the MOM?
- MOM has been united with Mars. MOM never disappoints: PM after Mangalyaan enters Mars orbit
- History has been created today. I congratulate all scientists and all my fellow countrymen on this historic mission.
- We have gone beyond the boundaries of human imagination by travelling more than 650 million kms
- The odds were stacked against us. Of the 51 missions, attempted across the world so far, a mere 21 had succeeded. But we have prevailed.
- India is the only country to have succeeded in such a mission in its very first attempt.
- We put together spacecraft in record time within a mere three years.
- These are all accomplishments that will go down as landmarks, in history.
- If we fail, we are subjected to criticism, but if we succeed, we are subjected to jealousy.
- Humanity would not have progressed if we had not taken such leaps into the unknown and space is the biggest unknown out there.
- Our ISRO scientists have made it a habit of achieving the impossible with their sheer hard work.
- The success of our space program is a shining example of our achievement & what we are capable of.
- You have inspired our future generation. Despite our many limitations, we aspired for the best. The success of our space programme has been an example of our achievement: PM Modi to ISRO scientists.
- ISRO joins an elite group of only three other agencies worldwide to have successfully reached the red planet.
- Through your achievements, you have honoured our fore-fathers: PM Modi to ISRO scientists
- Modern India must continue, playing a leading of ‘Jagad-guru Bharat’
- Atal ji’s vision, had inspired us, to reach for the moon. The successful Chandrayan mission, in turn led, to the Mars Orbiter Mission
- Let us set ourselves on more challenging goals
- Let today’s success, drive us with even greater vigour, and conviction
- If a cricket team wins a tournament, nation celebrates; our scientists’ achievement is much greater
- I appeal to schools to spare five minutes to applaud our scientists today
- Quoting Rabindranath Tagore in his speech PM Modi concludes his speech
See the happy moment video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZL_Vwy0JqI