Baby Diaper: Advantages and Disadvantages
Being a mom is one of the most challenging jobs in the world! Babies are remarkably adorable and cute. Oh, wait wait wait, that’s not all; babies can be pretty much annoying some times. You can completely agree with us if you are a new mother, and for all the moms to be- don’t worry, we are not trying to scare you! Apart from taking care of your newborn’s diet plan, playtime, and nap time, there is one of the most important aspects to consider. Yes, we are going to talk about the diapers!
Picking up the right kind of diaper for your newborn could be very puzzling. Babies have soft and sensitive skin; not using the right diaper material can make them more prone to rashes, and your baby will end up being irritated. None of us want to land in this situation; therefore, we have prepared a list of advantages and disadvantage of baby diapers, have a look-
If we talk of diapers, there are two main categories in it- cloth diaper and disposable diapers. Let us discuss the advantages and disadvantages of both of these separately.
- Cloth diaper
- a) Advantages:
- Cloth diapers are a cost-effective option. You won’t need to purchase it again and again if you buy a few set at once. It saves your time as well as your money!
- Earlier cloth diapers were quite challenging and unsafe to use because of pinning and all. Nowadays, they come with Velcro and linings that make them perfectly fit on your baby’s bottom.
- They come in a wide range of fabrics and designs. We recommend you to choose a cloth in which your baby feels relaxed. You can select among various colors and cute prints that go missing in disposable diapers.
- Cloth diapers are environment friendly, and they reduce the burden of sanitary landfill waste.
- The fabric of the cloth diapers is free from harsh chemicals.
- The regular use of cloth diapers can help your child to adopt healthy habits like early potty training.
- b) Disadvantages:
- There are many lesser chemicals used in the preparation of cloth diapers. Therefore, these diapers tend to be stinkier.
- It becomes an obligatory practice to touch your newborn’s poop as you have to scoop it out of the diaper.
- It requires more labor and time as you will need to wash the diapers frequently to keep it dry and clean.
- These diapers can be a headache while traveling. It is because these diapers contain less absorbable strength; therefore, babies can feel the wetness real quick.
- Disposable diaper
- a) Advantage:
- It is very convenient to select a diaper according to your baby’s measurement and weight.
- You can say yes to distant travel plans with your baby as it ensures no irritation due to its super absorbent power.
- You can readily dispose of it; this eliminates the need for washing and reuse.
- You don’t need to worry about changing the diapers frequently because of its quick-dry fabric.
- b) Disadvantage:
- Babies are more prone to diaper rash.
- If you are a beginner, use the diaper with gentle hands; otherwise, it can tear.
- It makes potty training a difficult task for your kid.
- It contributes to environmental pollution.
That’s all about the baby diapers. Wishing you a happy and safe motherhood!