If you like to make some bakery food at home, like making pastries, puffs, pie crusts, biscuits, or other food that you need to bake, you must be aware of a very important kitchen tool pastry brush. You can easily apply oil, sauce, or any other kind of syrups or liquids to the food with this pastry brush’s help. They are very popular and easily available in India as well. Many people try replacing a pastry brush with a toothbrush, spoon, paper towel, or knife. But you will not be able to do the job as perfectly as a pastry brush does. When it is to spread egg or apply butter to the crust, you will need these pastry brushes. You can easily apply anything to the food items before cooking, while cooking, or after cooking. You can even use them for greasing the pans that are used for baking. The best thing about the pastry brush is you can apply an even layer of seasoning on anything.
You will be able to find these pastry brushes in different sizes and shapes – a round brush, flat brush, wide brush, large brush, and angled brushes a well. You need to make the right choice based on your requirements. You will have to keep the kind of food you usually prepare and what kind of brush would be the right choice. The type of bristles is another important factor that you should check out. You can find nylon bristles and boar bristles as well. The Nylon bristles are perfect for spreading thick liquids, while boar bristles are soft and good for thin liquids. You should use Boar brushes for delicate jobs, while Nylon for tough jobs.
Whatever your choice of bristles, shape, and size of the pastry brush is, you will be able to find hundreds of options in the Indian market. But it is tough to pick one good product from so many different products. You should check out this list of the ten best pastry brushes in the Indian market when you are very confused. This list will be very useful for those who have no knowledge about pastry brushes and buy them for the first time. So, let us get started.
Best Selling Pastry Brush Online In India
Have a look at some of the best pastry brushes in India:
1. TECHICON Silicone Spatula and Pastry Brush
The first product on this list is TECHICON Silicone Spatula and Pastry Brush. This is a combo pack of one Silicone Spatula and one Pastry brush. The Spatula comes in yellow color, while the pastry brush comes in Red color. The bristles of the pastry brush are made using Silicone only. It is made using high-quality Silicone and 100 percent safe to use. You can use it to apply oils, sauce, or other kinds of liquids. The handles of both Spatula and brush come in plastic material. They are non-stick and dishwasher safe products. The size of the brush is 7.5 inches.
- It is a combo pack of one Spatula and one pastry brush.
- The handles of both are made using plastic.
- The heads of both products are made using food-grade Silicone material.
- The size of the brush is 7.5 inches.
- The quality of Spatula is very bad and so no use in getting this combo pack.
2. Any Kitchen Silicon Oil Basting Brush
The next product on the list that you can consider for your kitchen is Any Kitchen Silicon Oil Basting Brush. This is a pack of two pastry brushes. The head of the pastry brush comes in different colors, like the handle is always transparent. The head is made using food-grade silicone material, and the handle comes in strong plastic material. You can use this brush for oiling and applying butter. The length of the brush is 8.5 inches. You can use it while making pastries, barbeque, cooling, and oil to the pans. They are resistant to high heat.
- It comes as a pack of two pastry brushes.
- The brush head is made using Silicone.
- The handle of the brush comes in plastic material.
- The length of each brush is 8.5 inches.
- Both brushes are resistant to heat.
- The brushes are too smaller than specified.
3. Oc9 MT 01 9-inch Silicone Oil Brush
Another good product that you can consider is Oc9 MT 01 9-inch Silicone Oil Brush. This is a pack of two pastry brushes. They come in multiple colors, and you will receive colors based on availability. The only food-grade Silicone material is used in the making of these pastry brushes. You can use them while cooking and for baking. The handle comes in hard plastic. The length of the brush is 8.5 inches. The best part about this combo pack is it comes with a three-year warranty. They can be used in multiple ways for grilling, baking and BBQ, and tandoor making.
- It is a combo pack of two pastry brushes.
- It is available in multiple colors.
- The brush head is made using Silicone material, and the handle is made of hard plastic.
- The length of the brush is 8.5 inches.
- The brush head comes off the handle very easily.
4. Clazkit – YH1109 Silicone Brush and Spatula Set
Clazkit – YH1109 Silicone Brush and Spatula Set is another bestselling product you can consider for your kitchen. A pastry brush can be used for applying oil or glaze to the bakery food. You can also use it for adding oil to the salad. This is a combo pack of one Spatula and one pastry brush. It comes in Red color. The head of the brush and the Spatula are made using Silicone material. The brush and Spatula are dishwasher safe. They are highly durable products and will last for a very long time.
- It is a combo pack of one Spatula and a Pastry brush.
- Both the products are made using Food-grade Silicone material.
- The handle of the brush comes in hard plastic.
- They are dishwasher safe.
- The brush and the Spatula are heat resistant.
5. P-Plus International Silicone Basting Brush Set
If you are looking for something different from all the other products you have seen so far, you should check out P-Plus International Silicone Basting Brush Set. The best thing about this Pastry brush is that the handle is made using Stainless steel material, and the head is made using Silicone. Both stainless steel and Silicone are 100 percent food-grade, and FDA approved. They are very safe and do not react with the food. The silicone brush is resistant to heat up to 446 degrees F. The handle is soft and does not slip off your hands, offering you a good grip.
- The pastry brush is made using stainless steel material.
- The head of the brush comes in Silicone material.
- It comes with a small ring for hanging it.
- The material is 100 percent food-grade, and FDA approved.
- It is heat-resistant up to 446 degrees F.
- No cons so far.
6. SYGA Silicone Brush Set For Pastry
The next product that you can consider is SYGA Silicone Brush Set For Pastry. This is also a combo pack of two pastry brushes. When you have the best pastry brushes in your kitchen, you will be able to use them for a very long time. This set comes in two different colors. They can help in oiling, glazing, or applying sauce to the food items when cooking or baking. Both the head and handle of the pastry brush are made using food-grade Silicone material. They are soft but long-lasting. The pastry brushes are resistant to heat up to 480 degrees F. The length of the pastry brush is 8.1 inches.
- This is a combo pack of two pastry brushes.
- The head and handle are both made using Silicone material.
- It comes in different colors.
- They are resistant to heat up to a temperature of 480 degrees F.
- The length of the brushes is 8.1 inches.
- No cons so far.
7. Dr.Oetker Bakeware Baking Brush
Dr.Oetker Bakeware Baking Brush is another bestselling product on the internet. If you are bored using those stainless steel, plastic, or Silicone pastry brushes, you should consider this latest option. The handle of the brush is made using food, while the bristles are very soft. It can be used for delicate baked food and is one of the best choices for you. The pastry brush is dishwasher safe and can be used very easily. It is a 1.5 inches Classic brush that can be used in multiple ways. It is a durable product as the wood is very strong.
- The brush handle is made using the strong wood material.
- The bristles come in natural fiber.
- It is a dishwasher safe product.
- This can be used in multiple ways.
- The bristles of the pastry brush get too hard after a few uses.
8. Clazkit – YH670 Silicone Steel Basting Brush
Clazkit – YH670 Silicone Steel Basting Brush is the next good product you come across while looking for the best pastry brushes. This pastry brush comes in Red color. The only food-grade Silicone material is used in the making of the pastry brush. You can use it on waffle irons and grills as well. You can easily apply glaze to the pastry dough or other food items when you are cooking. The Silicone used in the brushes is heat-resistant. The bristles are soft, and they are very easy to clean.
- It comes in Red color.
- The pastry brush is made using Silicone material.
- It can be used for applying oil, glaze, butter, sauce, and syrups.
- The bristles are soft and easy to clean.
- Many customers complained about receiving duplicate products.
9. Toxham Silicone Oil Brush For Cooking, Tandoor, and BBQ
You should not miss another good product when looking for the best pastry brush is Toxham Silicone Oil Brush for Cooking, Tandoor, and BBQ. This brush comes in multiple colors, and so you will receive one based on availability. The bristles or the head of the brush is made using food-grade Silicone material only. It is very safe for anyone to use. The handle comes in hard plastic material. You can use it for applying oil and other liquids to the food. The length of the brush is 9 inches. It is a must-have for your kitchen.
- It comes in Red color but available in multiple colors.
- It is made using food-grade Silicone material.
- The bristles of the brush were very soft.
- The length of the brush was 9 inches.
- It is a very small brush that is described.
10. Foxit Kitchen Silicone Oil Basting Flat Pastry Brush and Spatula
The last product on this list is Foxit Kitchen Silicone Oil Basting Flat Pastry Brush and Spatula. This is a combo pack of one Spatula and one Pastry Brush. Both of them come in yellow color. The head of Spatula and the pastry brush are made using food-grade Silicone material. The handles came in transparent color and were made using hard plastic. The length of the brush is 8.5 inches and good enough to hold and use it. You can use the brush for glazing and the Spatula for scraping the pastries. It is a perfect combo pack for your kitchen.
- It is made using food-grade Silicone material.
- The handles come in hard plastic material.
- The length of the brush is 8.5 inches.
- It is a combo pack of one Spatula and one brush.
- The length of the brush is too small, than mentioned.
How to Choose the Best Pastry Brush?
A Pastry brush is also known as the basting brush in the markets. So if you are fond of baking or dreaming of setting up a bakery in your house, then this article can be of great help to you. A pastry brush is one of the important tools you cannot miss. It is a must-have for your kitchen if you or your kids and husband are fond of delicious cakes and muffins.
Buying your pastry brush will save a lot of money for you. So you can enjoy the cakes of your choice in the comfort of your home. Often people relish the intricate design of golden crusts on muffins and meat. This is all because the architecture is designed and handled by delicate tools.
A pastry brush gives you the required control over the ingredients in your seasoned recipe. You can avoid spilling and messing up the whole dish. You feel like an artist while cooking where proficiency matters a lot.
You can cleanly add flavorings to your baked or roasted dishes which enhances their flavor to eternity.
Here in this article, you will get a brief set-up about how to choose the right brush for your particular needs. So keep reading to get the best knowledge.
The shapes and sizes of your pastry brushes determine your requirements. If you want to prepare a small pizza, you obviously don’t need to buy a large brush. That is common sense. But a small brush can be used for multiple purposes.
Consider the following sizes and shapes of brushes.
Small-sized brush– They are multi-purposeful. You can use them while dealing with rounded dumplings or seal the edges of ravioli. They are preferably used for detailing. The small surface area of the brush makes it easier for you to handle delicate stuff properly.
Large-sized brushes– When it comes to spreading oil or butter on a larger surface area, these brushes can be of the best help to you. These brushes help to reduce the time taken to cover the same dish.
Round shape brushes– Their curvature makes it easier for you to glide on circular-shaped cakes and pastries. They bring uniformity in the application of the ingredient. Plate decorations in party plates and glazing of the cutleries can be done very easily using round-shaped brushes.
Wide shaped brushes– Their wide and flat surface makes it easier for you to uniformly spread about the cheese or butter in flat-shaped dishes. They cover a larger amount of product in a minimal time.
Angled-shaped brushes– These brushes give you the right precise stroke on your baked products. You can do artistic designs and promote your excellence and creativity. It has got tapered bristles to give the smoothest glides.
Hook-shaped brushes– they are mostly used to clean the surroundings of your dishes. You cannot do it by your hand in most cases. This can destroy the natural shape and texture of the product. So a hook-shaped brush can be hung beside the plates to assist in random cleanings.
Based on the type of handle
Based on the type of handle, you can choose a particular pastry brush for yourself.
A plastic handle pastry brush is easier to clean and durable. It goes a long way without any difficulty. On the other hand, a wooden handle pastry brush can be more comfortable to use because of its sturdy body texture. It fits your interior design if you love woods in your house.
Based on the type of bristles
If you are interested in spreading thin liquids like oil and marinades, then a Boar or Teflon bristle can be of great use to you. On the other hand, if you want to spread thick sauce on larger surface areas, then silicone or nylon bristles can fulfill your task easily.
Do not forget to regularly clean your bristles and handles of the brush after use. You just need to be careful that you use to specify the use of your brushes to a particular type of dish only. This will prevent any mix-matching of flavors and odor. You will never want that your brushes to get exchanged between pastry and meat delicacies.
Pastry Brushes: How to Clean and Care for Them
It is essential to clean and maintain the pastry brush. If you maintain it properly, you can use the brush for a long time. Let us follow the steps to clean and take care of the pastry brush.
- It is best to clean the brush immediately after use. This will prevent the brush from getting dried. Otherwise, it will get stuck in the bristles and destroy your brush.
- You can also wash the brush by placing it under the stream of hot water. This can be effective in cleaning the brush.
- Once you soak the brush in hot water, you can wash it with detergent powder. It will clean the brush and bring back the original glaze or shine.
- Always pay special attention to the base or bottom of the brush, as most of the food ingredients get stuck at the base. This may get dried and sit on the bristles. This may also damage the brush to a great extent.
- Once you are done with the cleaning and washing process, you can follow the process of sanitization. It is also required to sanitise the brush from time to time.
- Sanitizing can be best done by dropping a pinch of bleach on the water. This will sanitise the brush easily.
- Once you made the solution, you need to soak the brush for fifteen minutes on the solution. Now pick it up and wash it on plain water.
- Then blot the brush with a dry towel till it gets dry.
- If it gets completely dry, you can put it back in the utensil rack. To make the brush dry, you can put it in the sun for some time. It will get dry within a short time and be ready to use.
So, which product did you like from the above list? All the products look the same, but their use is going to be different. The comfort you will enjoy while using one kind of pastry brush will not be offered by the other brush. For example, some pastry brushes come with plastic handles, while a few come with wooden handles. So, choosing a wooden handle is comfortable for you, or you must decide a plastic handle. It is you who will use the pastry brush, so you will be the right person to make a choice. First of all, check out all ten options listed above and then make the right choice. Order the best pastry brush for your kitchen.