In modern times, a training course in hospitality management covers training in different areas of the business of hotel linked industry, travel, and tourism associated industry and also housekeeping and catering in the Hospitality industry.
Various hospitality management colleges in India provide a diploma as well as degree courses in hospitality management, thereby helping candidates obtain all the necessary skills and outlook to manage the administrative responsibilities in the Hospitality sector effectively.
A course in hospitality management concentrates on management principles and its applications when it comes to the field of Hospitality. It includes not only study but hands-on work in the many functioning areas of Hospitality management such as Food and Beverage Service, Food Production, Front Office Operation and House Keeping as well.
Hospitality Management Jobs
After finishing a diploma or perhaps a bachelor’s course in hospitality management, graduates can acquire a job in the sectors listed below:
- Airline and railway travel
- Conferences and conventions centers
- Travel agencies
- Spas and wellness centers
- Event management
- Tourist offices and ministries of tourism
- Cruise companies
- Catering companies
- Museums and other cultural venues
- Concert and theatre venues
- Hotel development and construction
- Real estate management companies
- Fitness clubs and sports organizations
- Manufacturers and suppliers of hospitality equipment
Hospitality Management Courses & Institutes
Indira Gandhi National Open University-IGNOU
- 3-year course in B.Sc.- Hospitality and Hotel Administration with NCHMHT; Eligibility : 10+2
- 2-year degree in M.Sc.- Hospitality and Hotel Administration
National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Management
- 2-year degree course in M.Sc.- Hospitality and Hotel Administration; Eligibility: B.Sc or Diploma in Hotel Management
- Diploma in Hotel Management from NCHMCT
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi
2-year degree course in MBA
College of Hospitality and Tourism
- Diploma course for one year in the hospitality & tourism management course.
- Advanced diploma course for 3 years in hospitality& tourism management.
- Masters Degree program in Hospitality & Tourism Management for 2 years
Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management Elphinstone College in Mumbai
Diploma course for 2 years in hospitality & tourism management.
Salary in Hotel Management industry
Normally after finishing a diploma or even a bachelor’s course in hospitality management, graduates are generally engaged as a trainee. After fulfillment of training, they can be taken in positions with salaries ranging from Rs 7,000 to Rs 10, 000. Just as one obtains experience in the given sector, he/she can call on a higher salary for their respective hospitality management jobs.